When the word cancer is introduced as a diagnosis for you or a loved one, life immediately changes .Psychotherapy can assist patients and caregivers to relieve stress, enhance coping skills, and receive much needed support during a time of uncertainty and change. Although Cancer has become much more treatable in recent years, it can still be life altering.
Below are some scenarios where psychotherapy can be helpful:
- Helping children understand and cope with their own or a loved one’s Cancer diagnosis.
- Tips and expectations for chemotherapy treatment.
- Easing anxiety for patients and caregivers.
- Changes in occupational status.
- Navigating financial concerns.
- Dealing with depression.
Nothing may surpass the grief you feel following the loss of a loved one. Whether it’s from Cancer or some other tragedy, The Trauma Resource is here for you! Here’s how.